TITLE: ENTERPRISE SOLUTION ARCHITECT
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Director, Information Technology
DIVISION/DEPT: Operations/Information Technology
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Goodwill International Industries, Inc. is seeking a talented Enterprise Solution Architect to join our engineering team. This role is responsible for overseeing all software application architecture related aspects of the Goodwill’s various software applications. The Enterprise Solution Architect is involved in researching, reviewing, and making recommendations on any new corporate software applications or innovations from a perspective of design, integration, and technical fit with other systems. For existing applications, the enterprise solution architect will oversee all planning, designing, programming, and implementation of any in-house software development. For software enhancements provided by an external vendor, the enterprise solution architect will take the lead role in reviewing and discussing all technical solution designs to ensure they meet the needs of Goodwill. In addition, the enterprise solution architect will also act as a lead developer for other in-house Goodwill development staff. This will require the Enterprise Solution Architect to produce and maintain development practices and procedures and mentor/coach other development staff in these areas.
• Research, recommend, and help to implement new software applications.
• Research, recommend, develop, and administer software development.
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to understand the needs for the various software applications.
• Work with any external software vendors for any designs on new features or feature enhancements.
• Act as a technical resource during other projects as required.
• Responsible for the creation and maintenance of software design and development related documentation.
• Responsible for the creation and implementation of Goodwill’s software development standards, practices, and procedures.
• Design, develop, and implement software application solutions for all internal stakeholders in committed turn-around times with a sense of urgency.
• Maintain current understanding of the administration and user side functionality within the supported software applications.
• Maintain current understanding of the overall process and workflow of data through the various software application systems.
• Research and develop process improvements in dedication to continuous improvement.
• Research new technologies and solutions in dedication to continuous improvement.
• Identify and pursue personal training opportunities related to enhancing job related skill sets.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in both waterfall and agile SDLC practices
• Advanced skill in configuring and supporting software applications.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in front end UI, backend DB, and both batch and real time integration development technologies and practices
• Excellent software development and debug/troubleshooting skills.
• Advanced ability to research, analyze and recommend new technologies and software applications to meet GII’s needs.
• Advanced ability to research, analyze and recommend improvements to the organization’s use of the existing software applications.
• Advanced skill in creating and maintaining technical documentation.
• Effective collaboration skills, focusing on strong working relationships with all functional units of the organization.
• Effective communication skills; verbal, non-verbal and written; and ability to communicate with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
• 8+ years of progressive architecture experience.
• 4+ specific years as a Solutions Architect.
• 5+ years of experience leading transformative initiatives in enterprise organizations working across multiple lines of businesses.
• Experience with product life-cycle process from conception through development into production.
Sedentary, lifting 10 lbs. maximum (computers) and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as files, ledgers and dockets. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Moderate, occasional short deadlines, requiring some overtime. Work environment occasionally hectic with occasional periods of high stress.