TITLE: Impact Analytics Manager
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Director of Research and Analytics
DIVISION/DEPART: Strategy and Advancement
SUPERVISES: Data Analyst
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Goodwill Industries International, Inc. (GII) is North America’s leading nonprofit provider of education, training, and career services for people with disadvantages, such as employment challenges, homelessness, and lack of education or work experience, as well as those with physical, mental and emotional disabilities.
GII is currently seeking an Impacts Analytics Manager to support our Strategy Advancement team. This position will lead impact and evaluation initiatives, facilitate mission impact measurement, and help equip Goodwill leaders to effectively find, understand, evaluate, and communicate data and information. The ideal candidate possesses superb written and oral communication skills, proficiency in all Microsoft Office Professional Tools, and familiarity with analytical platforms. This position must be comfortable performing both qualitative and quantitative reasearch and analysis. If this sounds like you, please click and appy today!
· Lead impact and evaluation initiatives by promoting the use of rigorous data collection and analysis to advance Goodwill priorities.
· Facilitate mission impact measurement initiative for the Goodwill enterprise.
· Equip Goodwill leaders to effectively find, understand, evaluate and communicate data and information to advance Goodwill initiatives.
1. Lead impact and evaluation initiatives by promoting the use of rigorous data collection and analysis to advance Goodwill priorities, providing education, training and resources for GII team members and member Goodwill leaders.
2. Lead the work related to mission impact measurement to test and deploy a framework to measure and communicate the impact of Goodwill programs and services on individuals, families, and communities.
3. Equip GII team members and local Goodwill leaders to use relevant data, including but not limited to labor market information and research by providing virtual and onsite consultation, developing/deploying tools, leading virtual and on-site training and devising other mechanisms.
4. Create and manage budget related to mission impact measurement initiative
5. Lead research related to effective strategies for long-term data collection
6. Equip GII team members and Goodwill leaders on how to measure outcomes and integrate evaluative thinking into their work.
7. Collaborate with external organizations to evaluate the effectiveness of Goodwill programs and services. Build enterprise capacity for continuous improvement practices.
8. Lead the use of Community Asset Mapping to advance Goodwill priorities.
9. Engage Goodwill leaders, national thought leaders and other research entities in opportunities to advance Goodwill priorities and objectives.
10. Contribute to GII strategic visioning and planning framework and documents.
11. Create and maintain MyGoodwill documents, bookmarks, blogs and message boards to support use of research, evaluation and data.
12. Other duties as assigned.
· Internal: Frequent contact with GII team members in multiple departments.
· GII Members: Frequent contact with member Goodwill leaders.
· Outside: Periodic contact with funders, evaluators, research organizations and other national thought leaders.
· Government Officials: Periodic contact with government and administration officials.
 All duties are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated.
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively via telephone, webinar and e-mail.
2. Proficiency with all MS Office Professional Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
3. Organized with ability to manage multiple tasks while exercising discretion and independent judgment.
4. Ability to work successfully with diverse groups of GII team members, Goodwill member leaders and external entities.
5. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
6. Group facilitation and training/teaching skills.
7. Attention to detail as necessary to produce high quality work.
8. Process management and improvement skills.
Bachelor’s degree and specialized knowledge required.
Experience working with qualitative and quantitative research. Multi-site research experience preferred.
Periodic guidance and evaluation with significant freedom in conduct of work.
Latitude is given to the position in carrying out work its work assignments; works under general supervision.
Little or no lifting. Requires long hours at the computer. Requires some travel.
Ability to work under pressure, problem solve and be responsive to both internal and external customers. Work environment usually hectic with periods of high stress and short deadlines. Will need a positive attitude to meet daily challenges.