TITLE: Strategy Advancement Specialist
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Director of Strategy
DIVISION/DEPART: Strategy and Mission Advancement Department
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
1. Lead implementation and enhancement of strategy-related systems and processes.
2. Identify gaps in GII processes and systems impacting strategy implementation and develop approaches to remediate them.
3. Create and enhance communications that support local Goodwill organization engagement in MyGoodwill and cross-departmental initiatives.
1. Lead implementation and enhancement of Strategy and Mission Advancement operational systems and processes.
2. Identify gaps in GII processes and systems that impact and/or support Strategy and Mission Advancement work and develop approaches to remediate them.
3. Develop and implement enhancements to department online platforms to improve local Goodwill organizations’ engagement with and access to resources.
4. Develop collateral to communicate strategy and mission initiatives and priorities to GII colleagues, member organizations, partner organizations and other stakeholders.
5. Coordinate Strategy and Mission Advancement department operations, including but not limited to:
a. Working with Director of Resource Development and Resource Development team to maintain and enhance donor recognition system efficiency and collaborate with accounting department to improve processes.
b. Engage with Resource Development team in development of grant proposal documents and systems.
c. Work with Strategy and Advancement leadership to monitor the departmental budget and financial reports and manage the spending plan.
d. Work with department teams to support data analytics and research initiatives.
6. Engage with GII colleagues to develop and enhance collateral through design and data visualization.
7. Coordinate scheduling and logistics of Strategy and Mission Advancement events.
8. Other duties as assigned.
A. Internal: Daily contact with GII team members to coordinate projects and support activities.
B. GII Members: Contact with representatives of Goodwill member organizations.
C. External: Contact with donors, funders, vendors and partners.
A. Strong oral and written communication skills required.
B. Excellent time management and organization skills.
C. Ability to work with a wide array of team members from different levels within the organization.
D. Strong Microsoft Office skills required; experience with SharePoint desired.
E. Ability to perform mathematical operations to track and report budget performance and variances.
F. Project management experience preferred.
G. Effective webinar/other presentation skills preferred.
Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s Degree with at least three years’ experience in
position(s) with increasing responsibility demonstrating strong organization and
communication skills in a team environment.
A. Three or more years’ experience in a professional setting.
B. Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple demands and projects.
C. Specific project management and/or grant management experience preferred.
D. Experience managing web pages and creating communications documents.
Decision making [or making well developed recommendations] for developing systems,
appropriate responses to identified needs, consultative guidance to improve performance.
Moderate with latitude given to the position in carrying out work assignments. Work is
checked for accuracy and completeness.
Sedentary with lifting 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such
articles or files. Walking and standing are required occasionally; long hours sitting at a
desk and using a computer.
Work environment usually hectic with periods of stress. Must demonstrate a positive
attitude in meeting daily challenges.