TITLE: Manager, Information Systems
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Director, Information Technology
DIVISION/DEPT: Operations/Information Technology
SUPERVISES: Sr. Systems Engineers
Contractors and Vendor Technical Resources
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
This position is located in our Rockville, MD office.
• Manage GII’s Information System team of developers and successfully project-manage GII’s internal and external software development function in programming, testing, training, releasing, documenting, and software development, and application maintenance according to business needs.
• Provide Technical Application and Software development and architectural leadership, develop and enforce best practices and provide administrative support.
• Support the Senior Director of Information Technology in development of an annual application roadmap, departmental budget, and resource planning.
• Effectively manage project stakeholder expectations and lead the technical analysis and design phases to formally document stakeholder requirements.
• Coordinate business analysis, application development, database development, and training activities pertaining to application implementation and enhancements.
• Successfully project-manage software development projects that deliver against project goals and meet stakeholder requirements.
• Utilize project management techniques including project initiation, project planning prioritization, risk identification and management, tracking and communication.
• Contribute to roll out and implement roll-out plans for new releases; coordinate with IT operations and communications team as needed.
• Develop and implement communication strategies to keep supervisor, stakeholders and other constituents informed of progress.
• Carry out procurement duties according to GII policy including but not limited to; procurement, contracting, and personnel management.
• Manage and nurture vendor and contractor relationships that provide IT services to team projects.
• Supervise and mentor GII’s Information Systems team of developers providing technical direction, coordination and motivation. Carry out annual and semi-annual performance appraisals and facilitate professional development opportunities.
• Develop high quality and secure web-based systems that meet stakeholder’s needs.
• Internal: Frequent contact with GII staff, daily contact with technical resources, Senior Director Information Technology and occasional contact with Vice President Information Technology.
• Goodwill Members: Frequent contact with members to elicit requirements, coordinate validation, and ensure user friendliness or deployed solutions.
• Outside: Establish and maintain interactive relationships with information technology professionals and associations. Outside vendors and contractors as needed based on requirements and budgets.
• Government Officials: N/A
• Extensive personnel management experience is required.
• Experience leading web-based software development initiatives and supervising software developers.
• Outstanding project management skills with successful track record leading projects that meet objectives
• Experience managing daily operations in the areas of Internet technologies, Web platform, CRM, and ERP platforms, including product enhancements and end-user support.
• Experience managing vendor and contractor teams.
• Demonstrated Microsoft SharePoint experience
• Demonstrated Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience
• Demonstrated Single Sign On experience
• Demonstrated Experience with C#, .Net, PHP, Python
• Outstanding ability to communicate orally and in writing. This includes the ability to communicate complicated technical information to non-technical audiences and to implement communication strategies to keep stakeholder informed of progress.
• Ability to set, manage and meet deadlines under stressful and changing conditions and circumstances.
• Outstanding customer service skills are required.
• Strong analytical/design, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Minimum five years of progressive experience with technical project management.
• Ability to travel occasionally.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Five or more years of information technology experience.
Reviewing and evaluating technological options to determine their current or potential application to GII.
Broad – Considerable latitude is given to the position to carry out the work objectives.
Sedentary, lifting 10 lbs. maximum (computers) and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as files, ledgers and dockets. Walking and standing are required only occasionally.
Moderate, occasional short deadlines, requiring some overtime. Work environment occasionally hectic with occasional periods of high stress.