TITLE: Technology Specialist
RESPONSIBLE TO: Vice President, Information Technology and Data Analytics Initiative
DIVISION/DEPART: Information Technology
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
1. Lead implementation and enhancement of information technology systems and processes.
2. Provide administrative duties to key departmental projects and objectives
3. Identify gaps in GII processes and systems impacting information technology and develop approaches to remediate them.
4. Create and enhance communications that support member engagement in MyGoodwill and departmental initiatives.
1. Lead implementation and enhancement of Information Technology operational systems and processes.
2. Identify gaps in GII processes and systems that impact and/or support Information Technology work and develop approaches to remediate them.
3. Coordinate scheduling and logistics of Information Technology events.
4. Develop and implement enhancements to department online platforms to improve members’ engagement with and access to GII resources.
5. Develop collateral to communicate Information Technology initiatives and priorities to GII colleagues, member organizations, partner organizations and other stakeholders.
6. Coordinate Information Technology department operations, including but not limited to:
a. Working with data analytics business analyst and project manager to coordinate and facilitate meetings and webinars. Maintain and enhance myGoodwill presence and content to share updates with various constituents.
b. Engaging with leaders and project stakeholders to develop status and other progress reports.
c. Working with department leads to monitor departmental budget, financial reports and spending plan.
7. Engage with GII colleagues to develop and enhance data visualization resources.
8. Other duties as assigned.
A. Internal: Daily contact with GII team members to coordinate projects and support activities.
B. GII Members: Frequent contact with representatives of Goodwill member organizations.
C. External: Contact with vendors and partners.
A. Strong oral and written communication skills required.
B. Excellent time management and organization skills.
C. Ability to work with a wide array of team members from different levels within the organization.
D. Strong Microsoft Office skills required; experience with SharePoint desired.
E. Ability to perform mathematical operations to track and report budget performance and variances.
F. Project management experience preferred.
G. Effective webinar/other presentation skills preferred.
Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree with at least five years’ experience in position(s) with increasing responsibility demonstrating strong organization and communication skills in a team environment.
A. Five or more years’ experience in a professional setting.
B. Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple demands and projects.
C. Specific project management and/or grant management experience preferred.
D. Experience managing web pages and creating communications documents.
Decision making or making well developed recommendations] for developing systems, appropriate responses to identified needs, consultative guidance to improve performance.
Moderate with latitude given to the position in carrying out work assignments. Work is checked for accuracy and completeness.
Sedentary with lifting 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles or files. Walking and standing are required occasionally; long hours sitting at a desk and using a computer.
Work environment usually hectic with periods of high stress. Must demonstrate a positive attitude in meeting daily challenges.