Goodwill Industries International, Inc. (GII) is North America’s leading nonprofit provider of education, training, and career services for people with disadvantages, such as employment challenges, homelessness, and lack of education or work experience, as well as those with physical, mental and emotional disabilities.
GII seeks a new Resource Development Specialist to join our Philanthropy team. This position will support the identification of opportunities to secure financial resources, help enhance engaging communications, and lead the implementation of resource development systems and processes. Are you driven, enjoy a team environment, and possess strong communication skills? Then this might be the role for you. Learn more below and apply now!
TITLE: Resource Development Specialist
RESPONSIBLE TO: Resource Development Manager
DIVISION/DEPART: Strategy and Advancement Department
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
1. Lead implementation and enhancement of resource development systems and processes.
2. Identify opportunities for securing and stewarding financial resources for GII and local Goodwill organizations.
3. Create and enhance communications that support member engagement in resource development capacity building opportunities.
1. Lead implementation and enhancement of resource development systems and processes as it relates to financial donor cultivation and stewardship, including grant prospecting and individual donor gift acknowledgement in conjunction with accounting department.
2. Engage with resource development team to prepare grant documents for submission, including relevant attachments and data visualization.
3. In collaboration with resource development manager, prepare local Goodwill organization subgrant materials, including online application form, MyGoodwill information and informational webinars. Coordinate scoring and award notification for applicants.
4. Coordinate grant handoff meetings and donor stewardship opportunities in collaboration with GII grant program staff.
5. Manage the MyGoodwill Resource Development Community to ensure content remains fresh and pertinent. Lead maintenance of the Resource Development Toolkit to ensure updated links, resources.
6. Collaborate with resource development manager to design and implement member capacity building activities for grant writing and philanthropy, including affinity groups, in-person conference sessions and workshops, documentation of best practices, curation and organization of resources on MyGoodwill, etc.
7. Research, prepare and disseminate monthly grant alerts to local Goodwill members and maintain grant alert list on MyGoodwill.
8. Work cross-departmentally with marketing and communications to ensure timely and high quality donor communications.
9. Update and maintain monthly grant report and moves management reports in conjunction with resource development manager.
10. Document resource development team member engagement in METS database and development and implementation of partner tracking system (PALS).
11. Support the management and maintenance of electronic departmental files, records, and correspondence, both internally and for member use on MyGoodwill.
12. Other duties as assigned.
A. Internal: Daily contact with GII team members to coordinate projects and support activities.
B. GII Members: Contact with representatives of Goodwill member organizations.
C. External: Contact with donors, funders, vendors and partners.
A. Strong oral and written communication skills required.
B. Excellent time management and organization skills.
C. Ability to work with a wide array of team members from different levels within the organization.
D. Strong Microsoft Office skills required; experience with SharePoint desired.
E. Project management experience preferred.
F. Effective webinar/other presentation skills preferred
Bachelor’s degree or associate degree with at least three years’ experience in position(s) with increasing responsibility demonstrating strong organization and communication skills in a team environment.
A.Three or more years’ experience in a professional setting.
B. Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple demands and projects.
C. Specific project management and/or grant management experience preferred.
D. Experience managing web pages and creating communications documents.
Decision making [or making well developed recommendations] for developing systems, appropriate responses to identified needs, consultative guidance to improve performance.
Moderate with latitude given to the position in carrying out work assignments. Work is checked for accuracy and completeness.
Sedentary with lifting 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles or files. Walking and standing are required occasionally; long hours sitting at a desk and using a computer.
Work environment usually hectic with periods of high stress. Must demonstrate a positive attitude in meeting daily challenges.